力学如力耕,勤惰尔自知。但使书种多,会有岁稔时。
9班的班级风采展示素材来自国外一个关于非常著名的视频演讲,主题就是《余生很贵,容不得浪费》。视频中描述的场景和每个人生活的轨迹有所相似,更能让人感同身受地去理解时间对于人生的意义。而每个人时间的价值又取决于你如何去利用这些时间,真正让自己成为主宰命运的主人。风采展示中,我们采用了全英文的形式,通过举牌和表演相结合的方式,还原演讲内容。所有同学不仅配合默契,而且更表达了自己对于选择电子科技大学MBA 的荣幸,以及珍惜学业的信心!
以下是风采展示中的文字原文:
When asked “What’s the biggest mistake we make in life?”the Buddha replied. ” The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”
当被问及“人生最大的错误是什么”佛祖会这样回答,“最大的错误是你认为你自己有时间。”
Time is free but it’s priceless.
时间是免费的,但也是无价的。
You can’t own it, but you can use it.
你不能拥有它,但你能够使用它。
You can’t keep it but you can spend it.
你不能储存它,但你能花费它。
And once it’s lost, you can never get it back.
一旦它消失了,你就再也拿不回来了。
The average person lives 78 years.
人的一生平均有78年。
We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping.
我们花28.3年在睡觉上。
That’s almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.
差不多花了我们三分之一的时间,但同时30%的我们在为睡个好觉而斗争。
We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.
我们花10.5年去工作,但超过50%的人想离开现在的岗位。
Time is more valuable than money.
时间比金钱更有价值。
We spend 9 years on TV and social media.
我们在电视和社交媒体上花费了9年的时间。
We spend 6 years doing chores.
花6年的时间在家务上。
We spend 4 years eating and drinking.
四年的时间花在吃吃喝喝上。
We spend 3.5 years in education.
累计消费3.5年在教育上。
We spend 2.5 years grooming.
2.5年花费在打扮上。
We spend 2.5 years shopping.
2.5年花费在购物上。
We spend 1.5 years in child care.
1.5年的时间花费在呵护孩子。
And we spend 1.3 years commuting.
1.3年的时间花费在通勤上。
That leaves us with 9 years.
剩下留给我们的只有9年的时间。
How will we spend that time?
我们将会怎么消费这些时间呢?
Steve Jobs said “your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
乔布斯说:生命有限,别将它浪费在重复他人的生活上。
So there’s good news and there’s bad news.
所以这有好消息也有坏消息。
That bad news is time flies; the good news is you’re the pilot.
坏消息是时光飞逝,好消息是你是领航者。
To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade.
想知道一年的价值,要去问考试失利的学生。
To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month.
想知道一个月的价值,去问在分娩前一月失去孩子的母亲。
To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.
想知道一周的价值,去问在线杂志的编辑们。
To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who’s in a long-distance relationship.
想知道一小时的价值,去问异地恋的情侣们。
To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train or plane.
想知道一分钟的价值,去问刚刚错过公交和飞机的人。
To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.
想知道一秒钟的价值,去问刚刚幸免于难的人。
To realize the value of 1 millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.
想知道一毫秒的价值,去问与奥运冠军失之交臂的运动员。
Inside all of us are two voices.
我们的内心有两种声音.
one voice that wants to uplift, one voice that wants us to expand, one voice that wants us to grow.
一种声音鼓励我们上进,鼓励我们丰富自己,鼓励我们不断成长.
And then there’s the other voice----The voice that holds us back, the voice that makes us lazy, the voice that makes us complacent. The voice that restricts us from our potential.
还存在另一种声音----这种声音使我们退步,让我们变得懒惰,让我们骄傲自满。这种声音限制了我们的潜能。
Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there’s this battle between the two voices.
每天从醒来到入睡,这两种声音都在斗争。
And guess which one wins?
猜猜谁赢了?
The one that we listen to the most.
我们听得最多的那个声音赢了。
The one that we feed.
我们更喜欢的那个声音。
The one that we amplify.
那个让我们更强的声音。
It is our choice of how we use our time.
我们选择如何使用我们的时间。
Life and time are the best two teachers.
生活和时间是两位最好的老师。
Life teaches us to make good use of time.
生活教会我们更好地使用时间。
And time teaches us the value of the life.
时间教会我们生活的价值。
And as William Shakespeare said,
就像莎士比亚说过的一样,
“Time is very slow for those who want, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who are sad, and very short for those who celebrate,but for those who love, time is eternal.”
“对想要它的人来说,时间很慢,对害怕它的人来说,时间很快,对悲观的人来说,时间很长,对充满欢愉的人来说,它又很短暂,但对于爱它的人来说,时间即是永恒。”
下面请欣赏我们的精彩展示吧:
编辑:MBA项目 刘丽